St. Michael the Archangel Parish Church, was founded by Fray Marcos de Lisboa in 1605, it was first made of wood and cogon grass.
In 1825, a bigger church with rectory was built out of volcanic rocks and bricks and was supervised by Fray Francisco de Anunciacion O. Peñaranda. Later in 1866, the main church and the rectory was damaged by fire in the same year the church was rebuilt under the supervision of Fray Francisco de Aragones.
A transept was added to the church by Fray Santos Herrijon who served as pastor from 1873 to 1878.
In 1884 due to strong earthquake and a subsequent typhoon that demolished the church and the rectory a repair was made by Fray Manuel de Brihueg.
The transept of the church annexed by Fray Santos Herrejon from 1873-1878. Convent remodeled by Fray Carlos Cabido, 1889; totally destroyed by typhoon on December 25, 1947. Part of church roofing damaged by same typhoon; restored by M.R.P. Luis Dimadumba, 1948.