Sinigang na Hipon is a Filipino sour soup dish, with shrimp as the main ingredient. Sinigang pertains to a method of cooking soups that incorporates souring agents.
Sinigang na Hipon is easily prepare by cooking the shrimp and vegetables in boiling water. The souring agent (whether natural or in powdered form) are added in the middle of the process. The commonly used souring agent is tamarind. However, other fruits such as guava, tomato, bilimbi (known as kamias), green mango, pineapple, and wild mangosteen (santol) can also be used.
Similar to other sinigang dishes, Sinigang na Hipon is best eaten with rice with fish sauce (patis) on the side.
| || |
- Pour the water in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil
- Add onions and tomatoes and cook until texture becomes soft
- Put-in the sinigang mix and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the banana pepper and string beans and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the shrimps and fish sauce then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the water spinach, turn the heat off, and cover the pot. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!